Monday, June 25, 2012

Review : Blackberry Bold 9900

Some people around me may know that I get my new phone a couple week ago. It's a Blackberry bold 9900.



I bought the white one. The slimmest and best blackberry so far ( OK, I know blackberry 10 is release soon, may take a look here ). I want to get a Blackberry touch so badly before but after done a lot of research and review from other, I change my target to the blackberry bold 9900. I have been ask for the same questions so many time so I'm gonna answer all of them here. 


Why you bought blackberry?
Less people use blackberry. ( I mean people around me, mostly teenage ) They use either Iphone, Samsung or other Andriod system phone. It was a fight in my brain for choosing Iphone or Blackberry. But I think Iphone is too uniform and less customize setting. And I hate typing on the screen -.- So I get my blackberry, luckily I feel no regret about my choice.

The screen is too small.

Yup, the screen is really small for a smart phone, just 2.8 inch. But I think it's depend too. I set the font size to kinda small so make the screen feel bigger.
P/s : Dad and mum say they can't use my phone cause they can't even saw the font on my phone loll

Why you don't buy touchscreen phone?
Errrr...I have to say that it's a touchscreen phone although it have a physical QWERTY keyboard. The touch screen is nice and smooth and the screen clarity is awesome too ! But the touchscreen function have been ignore most of the time because I love the trackpad ehehe X)

How about the Camera

It have a 5 megapixels camera but the quality of photo is still not good compare to Sony Vivaz Pro. It don't have auto focus function and it hard to take vertical photo. Photo will be some yellowish if taken with flash light at night. But this is not a big problem for me cause I mostly took photo with my camera :) 

The Apps
For sure, the volumn of apps can't compare to IOS apps store or Andriod market. But those important and needed stuff is still have :) But I not recommend for install their theme because those theme will slow down a Blackberry. But if you a phone-gamer I think Blackberry is not suitable for you, it just have some simple game.

Short Battery Life
From the review about it, most people complain about 9900 battery life. I charge my BB 9900 two day a time. So I think it is acceptable. Here is some of my advice to save battery life : Switch your phone to 2G mode if you connect to wifi or didn't use data servies to surf. Edit the size of your wallpaper to fix the screen size first because if the photo size is too small or big, the phone will waste battery to optimize your photo to fix the screen size.


Price 
The price is quite expensive and already can cost a Iphone 4 or Samsung Galaxy ll. BTW, I think all smart phone nowaday is very expensive too :/  And I like the BIS Bonus package from maxis, just RM20 a month :D

What I like about it

Nice outlook, good call quality ( compare to other phone, the sound is very clear ) , QWERTY keyboard, 8GB of built in memory ( no need worry about the problem of lack of internal memory ^_^ ) , useful and effective ( lot function and shortcut to use )



Conclusion

A nice phone. Feel great of it. For more information, please click here.



A photo with me and my Blackberry, and my friend too loll



Hope you guys enjoy reading ! xoxo

No comments: